Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Impressions of my first Tech in ED class

I actually enjoyed my first tech in ED class. (I am not surprised, even if it reads like that) We talked about lots of web 2.0 applications that I am familiar with and have used before. I think it will be interesting to see the different applications for them. I always use them in the same way, so it will be fun to see them from another perspective like how to use them when I teach.
I am a bit of a techno and gadget freak, so it will be interesting to see if I learn about things in this class that I haven't been introduced to before. I love to feel connected and use the internet all the time. My boyfriend actually makes fun of me for how much time I spend on web 2.0 applications, but at least I haven't made a facebook page for my dog. It sounds funny, but some people are that involved in the internet. I hope we will also talk about the downside of things. Not just to be a stick in the mud, but also because exposing oneself on the internet can be a very dangerous thing! Sadly lot's of people aren't aware of the dangers, or see nothing but the dangers. I think the internet is a wonderful thing and makes my life much easier, but I also am aware of what I need to do to protect myself.
All in all I guess I am rambling a little bit, but I wanted to post this while the class was still fresh in my mind. I am hoping to learn how to use what I know for education and hopefully also learn some more things in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment